top of page

Oscar Duarte vs. Kenneth Sims Headline in Chicago

  • Writer: Miguel Maravilla
    Miguel Maravilla
  • Jun 9
  • 1 min read
ree

Super lightweights Oscar “La Migraña” Duarte (29-2-1, 23 KOs) of Parral, Chihuahua, Mexico and Chicago’s own Kenneth “Bossman” Sims Jr. (22-2-1, 8 KOs) will square off in headlining Saturday, August 2, live on DAZN at the Credit Union 1 Arena in Chicago.


Duarte is coming off a seventh-round knockout over Miguel Madueno this past February. Sims won a unanimous decision over Kendo Castaneda on the undercard as the two will finally square off. Duarte and Sims were originally scheduled to fight in November in Riyadh.



“I feel very happy and motivated to be the main event on August 2nd against Sims Jr., an opponent I had previously scheduled to fight, but due to fate, the fight was postponed,” said Oscar Duarte. “I want to take this opportunity to thank Oscar de la Hoya, Eric Gómez, and the entire Golden Boy team for their trust. We are going all out, going for that win to get closer to a world championship.”



“This fight is long overdue and I’m ready to put on a show and leave with the victory,” said Kenneth Sims Jr. “I’m fully healthy now and ready to put on a stellar performance for my fans in Chicago. It’s a dream come true to headline in my hometown, the greatest city in the world.”



“There is nowhere to run and hide for Duarte and Sims in this super lightweight fight that has been brewing over the past year,” said Chairman and CEO Oscar De La Hoya. “With all the animosity between the two, I can assure that fireworks will explode in this summer firecracker!”

 
 
 

Comments


© 2020 Southern California Boxing.com is created & owned by Miguel Maravilla LLC ALL Rights Reserved. The information or content on this site cannot be used unless consented. 

bottom of page